HOST - Topeka & Shawnee County Relief Grant
Eligibility: The Greater Topeka Partnership is introducing an emergency relief fund for businesses experiencing economic injury in Topeka/Shawnee County. This fund, HOST-Topeka & Shawnee County Relief Grant, would provide a grant up to $5000 for qualifying businesses. Priority will be given, but not limited, to those businesses affected most by COVID-19 such as the food, restaurant, personal services, mall retail, small manufacturing, small distributors, and other unique types of businesses approved by the Oversite Committee.
- Must be a for-profit, privately held small business that maintains a place of business in Shawnee County.
- Must have been established at least 6 months prior to March 13, 2020, the date of the designated disaster.
- Must be able to demonstrate economic injury as a result of the designated disaster (business slow or stop, employee layoff, etc.).
- Must provide detailed information and bills and outline use of proceeds directly related to the economic injury caused by COVID-19.
Applications will be accepted online through October 15, 2020, contingent on the availability of funds. Paper copies can be mailed to the GO Topeka MWBD Office at 719 S Kansas Ave., Topeka, KS 66603.
Required Information for Application
- Government issued personal identification of all individual applicants (driver’s license, state or federal ID, or passport).
- Most recent Federal Business tax returns.
- Most recent personal income tax returns, with attached Schedule C for all individual applicants, if available and where appropriate.
- W-9 - Link HERE>>
- Provide a clear and detailed summary of the hardships that this grant will cover and how the funds will be used to support this hardship. Example of hardships could include, but are not limited to, commercial lease, commercial mortgage payments, utilities payroll retention of employees, and other hardships to be identified by the applicant.
- Last 12 months of the company’s profit and lost statement.
*PLEASE NOTE: All mandatory requirements are marked with an *, please pay close attention as missing information will affect your submission. You will need to apply fully or submit those missing items separately.
All approved applicants will receive checks at the address listed on the application. Checks will be issued on the following scale. Checks will be mailed May, July, September and November.
- Sole Proprietors $1500
- Businesses with 2-9 employees $3000
- Businesses with 10 -100 employee $5000
Application Submission Instructions
Please submit your application above and upload requested documents. For additional questions/inquiries, please leave a message at 785-246-6246 (English) or 785-246-6227 (Spanish). You can also print and mail your paper application to 719 S Kansas Ave., Suite 100, Topeka, KS 66603.
For questions regarding the Topeka Emergency Relief Grant please contact Glenda Washington at 785-246-6205 or Mary Ann Anderson at 785.231.6000.
About the HOST-Topeka & Shawnee County Emergency Express Grant
The HOST-Topeka & Shawnee County Relief Grant is a JEDO approved program, activated by GO Topeka to support businesses victimized by the COVID-19 economic emergency. If application is approved, grant requests will be processed on an expedited basis. Receiving this assistance does not disqualify you from receiving any future GO Topeka incentives.